Having a yacht is a luxurious thing to do, but it's also your responsibility to keep it in good shape. A regular cleaning schedule can help make sure your yacht is always in great shape and ready for your next trip. In this blog, we'll talk about Swift Spirit's recommended cleaning schedule for your yacht. This includes services like mobile boat detailing, yacht detailing, buffing, waxing, ceramic coating, teak restoration, canvasing, and more.
Daily Cleaning Routine
Include basic maintenance tasks in your daily cleaning routine to keep your yacht clean and free of debris. These things should be done at least once a day, or more often if you use them a lot or live in a harsh environment. Here are some things to clean every day:
1. Clean the decks - Sweep and rinse the decks to get rid of sand and saltwater, among other things. You can also scrub away any dirt or grime with a soft brush or mop.
2. Clean the cockpit - Use a soft cloth to wipe down the cockpit area to get rid of any dirt or stains.
3. Clean the windows - Use a glass cleaner and a soft cloth to remove any smudges or dirt from the windows.
4. Check the bilge - Look in the bilge area for water buildup and get rid of any trash or water you find.
Cleaning Schedule for Each Week
In addition to cleaning every day, it's important to have a cleaning schedule for once a week to keep your yacht in great shape. This is where Swift Spirit's mobile boat detailing service can be helpful. A mobile boat detailing service can come to your boat once a week and give it a deep clean, making sure that every nook and cranny is clean. Here are some things to think about when making your weekly cleaning list:
1. Wax and polish - You should wax and polish your yacht at least once a week to protect it from the weather and keep it looking shiny. Swift Spirit offers yacht detailing services that include buffing and waxing to protect your boat from the weather.
2. Canvas cleaning - If your yacht has canvas covers or bimini tops, you might want to clean them at least once a week to get rid of any dirt or debris that might build up.
3. Teak restoration - If your yacht has teak decks or furniture, you might want to use a weekly teak restoration service to keep them looking their best.
4. Ceramic coating - If you want to protect your yacht even more, you could put a ceramic coating on it. This will give you more protection from the harsh marine environment.
Cleaning Schedule Once a Month
When you clean once a month, you should focus on more detailed tasks that may not be needed as often. Here are some things to clean once a month:
1. Cleaning the engine room - The engine room is a very important part of your yacht, and it should be cleaned once a month to make sure there is no buildup or dirt.
2. Bilge cleaning - In addition to checking the bilge every day, you might want to clean the bilge area once a month to keep it from getting smelly or clogged up.
3. Cleaning the hull - You should clean the hull of your yacht once a month so that algae and other marine organisms don't grow on it and damage it.
4. Detailing a yacht - A yacht detailing service can deep clean your boat once a month, making sure that every surface is clean and protected.
Cleaning Routine Once a Year
In addition to your daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning routines, it's important to have an annual cleaning schedule with more detailed cleaning tasks. Here are some things to clean once a year:
1. Bottom painting - Every year, you should paint the bottom of your yacht to keep marine organisms from building up and to protect the hull.
2. Inspection of the rigging - The rigging on your yacht should be checked every year to make sure it is in good shape and safe to use.
3. Detailing of mechanical systems - Your yacht's mechanical systems, like the engine and generator, should be detailed once a year to make sure they are working well.
4. Cleaning the upholstery - The upholstery on your yacht should be cleaned once a year to get rid of any stains or smells that may have built up over time.
Your yacht needs to be cleaned on a regular basis to stay in good shape and look nice. By cleaning your yacht on the schedule suggested by Swift Spirit, you can make sure it stays in great shape and is always ready for your next trip. Swift Spirit can take care of any yacht maintenance service you need, including mobile boat detailing, yacht detailing, buffing, waxing, ceramic coating, teak restoration, canvasing, and more. Get in touch with us today to find out more about our services and how we can help you keep your yacht in good shape.